One of the reasons why Salesforce has become the most popular CRM software is its innate capability to apply numerous useful integrations that streamline business processes.
Efficient integration with systems like databases, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and customer apps is of paramount importance if your business wants to gain the most out of CRM. And many businesses utilizing Salesforce are coming to this realization and as a result, start developing and implementing integration strategies.
Why Would a Business Need Integration?
Salesforce is adopted by many organizations worldwide for the purpose of becoming more efficient, primarily when it comes to customer relationship management, workforce mobility and overall agility of operations. But all the vast fields of data that are generated within Salesforce can’t just sit there. All the data needs to be reallocated and distributed across multiple business channels and enterprise systems. And that is where fully automated Salesforce integration solutions come into play.
All the different application modules that are used by your organization, such as inventory, accounting, shipping or any other, contain enormous amounts of information. And in the scenario when one or several of your departments work with a non-Salesforce application, you need to establish collaboration between these apartments and other staff members and make it as swift and efficient as possible. Salesforce integration does exactly that. It allows unifying your entire business infrastructure and syncing it continuously, which in turn leads to effective communication across departments and generally a better workflow.
A very simple example would be Salesforce email integration. Since nowadays pretty much every business relies on email as the primary means of customer communication, this particular solution is extremely popular. It allows instantly syncing all emails and calendars across multiple platforms with the CRM. So, Salesforce email integration can bring additional value to any organization that wants to improve its client communication, not to mention the role it might play for businesses that really struggle with it.
Key Benefits of Salesforce Integration
The number of potential advantages that an organization can receive by integrating its IT infrastructure with Salesforce might as well be limitless. It would very much depend on the type of business that you run. But nevertheless, there are the most common ways by which such solution will result in better business performance.
- Streamline processes. Right off the back, this is the most obvious one. Regardless of the industry domain, businesses can receive a boost to their cross-department processes, simply due to a faster flow of data.
- Restore broken processes. Very often when switching to a new system, companies, especially those that work under government regulations, need to keep track of present and past customer data, while maintaining precision. And integration of Salesforce with the ERP system lets you do it in the most efficient manner possible.
- Get real-time customer insights. Salesforce can be integrated with other customer-focused platforms and with your customer database, bringing the most current reports on client usage and interaction with a product or service.
These are only a few examples of key benefits that Salesforce integration can achieve if implemented correctly.
Types of Integration
But what kind of integrations can you implement in your business? Most commonly organizations of any size and across multiple business domains connect their CRM to external systems at the process and data levels. These can be spread out into three main categories that we are going to look at.
- Data Integration is necessary when you need to sync data from two or more systems. As a result, every extension that has been integrated will share real-time data.
- Business Logic Integration. This particular type of integration allows building powerful all-round business solutions that incorporate various back-end systems and apps.
- User Interface integration. If you want to build a centralized user experience for every user, then you might want to consider user interface integration. Salesforce provides tools necessary to do so, even if users utilize different applications in various languages.
But the process of Salesforce integration is not as easy as it might seem. Finding the right Salesforce integration company or getting every department on board with this idea can be a challenge.
How to Implement Salesforce Integration
When companies are considering Salesforce integrations with other ERP, what they usually are planning to achieve can be summarized in four objectives:
- 360͒ customer view;
- boost in efficiency;
- increased user adoption;
- removing any need for manual re-keying of data.
So the first step to successful integration would be clear placement of the objective.
Each integration scenario will be unique, changing depending on business requirements. The process of integration needs to be accounted for when developing a long-term business strategy.
One of the common aspects that can slow down and reduce the effectiveness of Salesforce integration is lack of executive involvement and corporate-policies. The reason is that projects that involve data management can be a very delicate subject inside the company and not all of the departments might be onboard. And while the IT department would play a key role in this type of project, getting the support of more executives may as well play a critical role.
The next point that needs to be discussed is identifying key integration points. The process of integration itself can be done in a very short period of time with little to no change in the original code, so the main priority would be choosing what exactly you want to integrate. The most common points of integration include accounts, contacts, item price, sales order, payments and so on.
Just like any other software implementation project, you want Salesforce integration done right the first time. However, for most companies, even with a strong IT department, this particular task poses a challenge. At OMI we provide our customers with the most upscale Salesforce integration services on the market. By utilizing only the best industry practices we can ensure smooth and swift integration with your existing infrastructure, whether on-premise or cloud-based.
Our team of experienced engineers will ensure the consistency of data across all applications and we will develop stellar unified interfaces. The experts at OMI know the Salesforce system like the backs of their hands. They will analyze your existing system, identify any potential roadblocks and come up with the best possible solution that will be just right for your business.