Finding a Salesforce partner – the right Salesforce partner – is perhaps as crucial as the solution itself. While the power of Customer Relationship Management systems is well documented, your ability to maximize their benefits – and consequently the success of your business – is dependent on how well they are implemented.
So in this article, we run through some crucial tips to keep in mind as you and look for the ideal Salesforce partner for your business.
What is a Salesforce Partner?
A Salesforce partner is a professional that can help you implement, integrate, customize, and manage your Salesforce solution. They could be an individual or company, the important thing is that they have the necessary skills and experience to deliver expert knowledge, technical support, and any other related services that will allow you to achieve the business goals that motivated you to invest in your Salesforce implementation in the first place.
Types of Salesforce Partners
There are three general types of Salesforce partners: independent software vendors (ISVs), consulting partners, and resellers.
- Consulting Partners help you with tasks and processes related to strategy, implementation, and customization of Salesforce. For example, OMI offers a full array of Salesforce services, including consulting, development, business process automation, implementation from scratch, customization, administration, and more.
- Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) create task and process-specific solutions that work with your Salesforce implementation. For example, DocuSign allows you to automate the agreement process by providing Salesforce features for preparing, signing, and managing agreements.
- Salesforce resellers will help you get Salesforce licenses cost-effectively, and also offer other value added services and expertise. Resellers will help you get negotiated and discounted rates, volume discounts, and will typically also offer consulting services, training, and support.
Benefits of Working With a Salesforce Partner
Salesforce implementation and customization expertise
Salesforce partners have the knowledge and skills to tailor solutions to your specific requirements. A partner, for example, can assist you in streamlining your sales process according to your specific setup by customizing your Sales Cloud application.
Latest best practices
It is also the Salesforce partner’s job to remain up to speed on the latest product features and updates. Which means by working with them, you always benefit from the most recent innovations and industry best practices.
Faster adoption and higher ROI
With the help of a partner, your staff can swiftly learn how to use Salesforce effectively, increasing user adoption and maximizing your ROI.
Ongoing help and maintenance
Salesforce partners offer ongoing support to ensure that your Salesforce investment is optimized over time. They can aid in data cleanup, system upgrades, and troubleshooting.
What to Look For in a Salesforce Partner?
Experience and Expertise
Always pick a partner that has a demonstrated track record of successful Salesforce implementations – especially in the sector you operate in. If you are a retail company, for example, find a partner who has implemented Salesforce Commerce Cloud solutions for other retailers.
Certifications are proof that the partner is devoted to refining their knowledge and skills related to Salesforce products, and also evidence that they are up-to-date with new developments.
Some of the main Salesforce certifications are:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator: Demonstrates ability to manage and configure Salesforce applications.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer: Verifies the partner’s ability to create, build, and deploy custom Salesforce applications.
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant: Shows expertise in developing and deploying Sales Cloud solutions.
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant: Proves the partner’s ability to design and implement Service Cloud solutions.
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant: Proves the partner’s ability to design and implement Marketing Cloud solutions.
Reputation and References
Go further in your evaluation of the partner than just reading internet reviews. Find out more by researching their reputation. Learn more details about their successes, request references from previous clients. You could also ask the Salesforce partner for case studies. These will show you how they helped other companies, what kinds of challenges they faced, and how they solved problems.
Try to locate a partner who emphasizes the same values that you do. You are more likely to have a strong and fruitful relationship this way. As they assist you in implementing your CRM, your partner will be better able to adhere to your business values and understand your goals. If your business places a high value on client satisfaction, look for a partner who projects that in the services they provide. This will be reflected in the job they do for you as well.
If a partner has experience in your industry, they will be able to give you insights and best practices that are specific to your area – industry-specific regulations in that sector for example. If you are a healthcare organization for instance, look for a partner that has Health Cloud implementation success stories in their portfolio.
Honesty and Transparency
This may appear to be difficult to judge at first, but simply search for details. You want a partner that does not exaggerate their capabilities or conceal some possible costs and challenges. A positive sign is if your partner sets out the rates they charge and openly explains any potential risks associated with your project from the very start.
Choose a partner who provides ongoing assistance and maintenance to ensure that your Salesforce investment is optimized over time. This can include regular checks, updates, and troubleshooting when needed.
Where to Find a Salesforce Consultant?
Salesforce’s AppExchange is Salesforce’s Google’s Play Store, or Apple’s AppStore. It’s an online marketplace where certified partners and apps can be found. You can explore partner listings, read reviews, and compare products to find what you need.
Use the internet to find out more about a partner’s knowledge and their reputation. Read reviews, visit partner websites, and browse through forums on sites like LinkedIn, or any relevant industry forums.
Referrals and Recommendations
Ask for referrals from colleagues, industry peers, or Salesforce representatives. Personal recommendations can often lead to valuable connections and trustworthy partners.
Events and Conferences
Take advantage of Salesforce events like Dreamforce or Salesforce World Tour to meet and learn about prospective partners. Engage in discussions, ask questions, and find out all you can.
How to Start Working With the Best Salesforce Implementation Partner?
- Start by documenting your project requirements, your needs, and the outcomes you want to see. This will help you later on as you identify the partner that is the right fit.
- WIth the criteria you require all mapped out, you can create a shortlist of the partners that you think are a good fit.
- Interview potential partners to evaluate their expertise. Let them tell you about their experience, certifications, and any relevant success stories that are similar to what you are looking for.
- Choose the partner that you feel is in sync with your goals, values, and requirements. Make sure you clearly communicate your expectations. Also establish a timeline for the partnership.
- Work with the partner throughout the Salesforce implementation process. Regular communication will help you monitor progress, and provide feedback where necessary so that you get the results you expect.
The right Salesforce partner will help you maximize the value of your Salesforce investment and accomplish your business objectives. Look closely at factors like experience, certifications, industry knowledge to choose a partner that will be able to deliver on your unique needs. You can also make use of resources such as the AppExchange and get personal recommendations to ensure you make the right choice. Use the tips we’ve provided here to identify a partner who will have a significant influence on your organization’s growth, efficiency, and overall success.